Brookside Multicare Limited Visitation Plan
July 20th 2021
Dear Resident, Family Member, and/or Designated Representative:
This newsletter is to inform you of the most recent guidelines issued by NYSDOH in regards to visitation.
1. Limited visitation between our residents and their loved ones will be conducted through a variety of means. Visitation can take place in resident rooms (when applicable), in dedicated indoor visitation spaces, and outdoors (weather permitting).
2. All visitors of non-vaccinated newly admitted residents must call the Director of Social Services at (631)724-2200, ext. 277 for a visitation appointment.
3. Virtual visitation, face time and window visits are still available.
4. Visits may be held under the supervision of a staff member when applicable.
5. No more than 20 percent of the resident census will have visitors at any given time; the number of visitors and allotted time for visitation will be limited in order to provide all residents the opportunity to visit with their loved ones.
6. Visiting Hours will be available from 10am -12pm and 4pm to 7:30pm. If circumstances arise in which you must visit during non-visitation hours, please contact the Director of Social Services at 631-724-2200 ext. 277.
7. All visitors will arrive at the designated entrance for Covid -19 screening, which includes appropriate visitor sign-in information, temperature check, and appropriate responses to Covid-19 questionnaire.
8. All visitors must wear a mask at all times that covers the nose and mouth. Eye protection is strongly encouraged, i.e. glasses or a face shield.
9. No more than 2 visitors at a time per resident. Any visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
10. Once the COVID-19 screening process is completed and the visitor is approved for visitation, the visitor will receive a bracelet that signifies they have passed the COVID-19 screening protocol and may proceed to the designated area for visitation.
11. Designated areas for visitation include the following sites:
– The Friendship and Stardust Lounges, each of which will host a maximum of 2 residents and their visitors at a time, in order to safely ensure appropriate social distancing and adherence to infection control protocols
– The designated visitation area located at the Broadway entrance, behind reception, which can safely accommodate a maximum occupancy of 2 persons in order to ensure appropriate social distancing and adherence to infection control protocols
– Designated outdoor areas for visitation (weather permitting), which will include a 12×12 tented area located by the main entrance of the facility. This outdoor area can safely accommodate 2 residents and their visitors in order to ensure appropriate social distancing and adherence to infection control protocols
– Unit courtyards, which can safely accommodate 2 residents and their visitors.
12. Staff will verify, via the bracelet, that the visitor has passed the COVID-19 screening process and will be allowed entry into the designated visitation area.
13. If the visitors fail to meet the criteria, they will not be able to visit at that time. If they do not follow the rules established for visitation, including appropriate social distancing, they will not be permitted to visit for the remainder of the Covid-19 emergency period.
14. Hand sanitizer will be available for visitors and residents, as well as appropriate PPE and face coverings.
15. Visitation guidelines are subject to change, based on current New York State Department of Health guidance and community infection rates. Brookside Multicare will post updates to the visitation guidelines as necessary.