Hospice & Palliative Care
Death. Hospice. End of life. All are among the most challenging and unwanted subjects to consider, especially when it’s the life of a loved one that is on the line.
The compassionate, dedicated, and professional team at Brookside Multicare Nursing Center understands. And when the time comes, Brookside’s exceptional physicians, nurses, therapists, and counselors will be with your family every step of the way. They are focused on ensuring the comfort, dignity, and quality of life of every patient, including those who are:
- Experiencing frequent falls or hospitalizations.
- Struggling to manage a chronic illness.
- Experiencing a significant decline in health.
- Suffering life-threatening side effects or having difficulty controlling symptoms.
Brookside’s approach to hospice care seeks to address a patient’s complete well-being. Palliative care may play a role for those who desire to pursue or continue more aggressive treatments for their illnesses. Palliative care delivers an additional layer of patient support intended to relieve pain, other symptoms, and side effects.
The Center offers private and semi-private rooms that are spacious and provide all the comforts of home along with 24-hour staffing and educational programming for patients and their families. The facility’s grounds include 24 acres of green space, outdoor patios, and beautiful landscaping, aiding patients in achieving a more fulfilling quality of life.
Brookside Multicare Nursing Center’s Hospice program also supports patients and families with the following:
- Compassionate and caring certified nurse aids who excel in delivering top-notch personal care and companionship.
- Individualized care plans developed in coordination with each patient’s care team, including outside physicians.
- Expertise in facilitating difficult conversations.
- Bereavement, spiritual, and community needs.
- A variety of unique therapies (such as pet, music, art, and aroma) to address emotional and physical needs.
Of course, personal faith and religious traditions are important to many and can bring comfort in times of grief. As death approaches, religion can provide context to life and death. Brookside Multicare Nursing Center’s hospice program ensures the availability of a chaplain to meet the spiritual needs of your family or to assist in finding a clergy member specifically suited to your religious preferences.
Brookside Multicare Nursing Center works with families to abide by the wishes of loved ones and to ensure his or her final days are as comfortable and peaceful as possible.
For more information, please contact Brookside Multicare Nursing Center.